While you are on vacation, if you have to attend a business meeting or make an emergency trip for family matters, one of the last things you need to worry about is your home. Here are some precautions you can take ahead of time.
1. Ask your neighbors to keep tabs on your home while you are away
2. Call your local police and ask them to drive by every once in a while
3. Halt the delivery of mail and newspapers
4. Use a variable timers that automatically turn your lights off and one in different rooms throughout your home
5. Shut off the water to the home
6. Install motion-activated cameras
7. Hide important papers and valuables – Or put them in a safe or safety deposit